Thursday, August 26, 2010

Contracts and Future Endeavors

You always read about these wrestlers getting released and wished the best of luck in their future endeavors. I for one don't feel bad for them. They basically get paid to sit at home for 3 months, getting fired by WWE is the interview process for TNA, and when you think about it, you have a money making venture for life.

Being in the WWE- even for a white hot minute- gives you credibility in the independent scene as far as promoting goes. You can do indy shows, become TNA world champion, or do the ever so dangerous shoot interview. And the thing about WWE is that it's one of the few places that getting fired doesn't stop you from coming back better than ever.

I wish the jobs I have had used contracts. When I went to Coke I could've upped my price because I had worked for the competition. When I went back to Pepsi (I'm the Christian of the soda business) I could've got more money because the managers wanted me back and I had instant fan recognition.

The last few months have given me a feel for what it's like to sit out 90 days and still get paid. I'm getting my downside guarantee, but I don't know what the hell is going to be next. If only there were shoot interviews for soda or retail. I guess I should sit by the phone and wait for my industry's version of ROH to call. (That would be 7Up.)

Ready for Superstars and Impact tonight, even though I read the spoilers. At least there's some sort of wrestling on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment