Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another step...

Super secret plans went to phase two, but still not getting my hopes up. To be continued Monday I suppose.

So one of my goals this year is to drop a few pounds. I'm not talking that dreaded 10 pounds you can't seem to lose to look perfect, I mean some serious weight. Before this year, the most I've weighed in my life is 235 lbs. That is my fat ass weight. That was before I destroyed my spine.

When you rupture a disc, you're told to not bend or lift anything. When you have spinal surgery, that list turns into no bending, lifting, twisting of any kind. 6 weeks later they allow you to lift 10 lbs. So since April of 2009 I haven't been allowed to move at all. I spent all of July and August sitting around zombied out on muscle relaxers and junk food. So when I get the all clear to resume my life, I weigh in at 265 lbs. Two. Hundred. Sixty. Five. Pounds.

So my previous high weight was 235, and my lowest? 169 lbs. I'm 6'1. I looked like a cancer patient. I was looking at the weight classes for mixed martial arts one day and realized I've covered a lot of weight classes since my low in 2003. 169 put me at Welterweight. Since then I've flown past Middleweight (185), Light Heavyweight (205), all the way up to the limit of Heavyweight (265). That's Georges St. Pierre to Brock Lesnar in 7 years.

Needless to say, I'm eating differently and now that I can work out, I am. I'm at 252 right now and in a perfect world I'd like to be down to Light Heavyweight one day. But I'd settle for being able to wear my old pants again. So c'mon 235. Never thought I'd see the day I'd want to weigh that.

Music! It's a New Day....


No comments:

Post a Comment